At the Team Monty Real Estate Group, our primary goal is to ensure that our clients are well cared for and guided through their purchases and sales. As your dedicated real estate expert, I’m here to guide you through every aspect of the buying process. Below are a few great resources to help get you started
Getting Started As a Buyer
To kick off the process, schedule a Buyer Consultation Meeting with me. During this meeting, we’ll dive into the buying process, providing you with a comprehensive understanding of how we can support you in your search and purchase. Essentially, we’ll delve deeper into the following details:
- Agency & Buyer Representation
- RECO Information Guide
- Multiple Representation
- Client & Agent Responsibilities, Duties and Obligations
- How to Search For Properties
- Financing, Affordability, Mortgage Information, and Closing Costs
- The Offer Process, Conditions and Buyer Due Diligence
- and much more.
- CMHC’s Guide to Buying a Home in Canada – Guide & Workbook
- Condominium Authority of Ontario – Condo Buyers’ Guide
Buyer Finances & Calculators
- Homebuying Guide 1 of 2 – The Guide (PDF)
- Homebuying Guide 2 of 2 – The Workbook (PDF)
- These guides and workbooks can also be found on CMHC’s website here.
- CMHC Consumer Information
- CREA Homebuyers Road Map
- Realtor.ca Tips for Home Buyers
- Team Monty’s Buyer’s Walkthrough Checklist
- Conditions to Consider & Buyer Due Diligence
- WECAR’s Market Statistics or Monty’s Market Metrics
- School Zones
- Team Monty’s Trusted Contacts & Resources
Newcomers to Canada or Ontario
- Invest Windsor Essex Website (Newcomers & Immigration Support)
- Settlement.org – Buying Your First Home in Canada: What Newcomers Need to Know
How To Search For Properties
- Generic Property Search Website (for those who are not yet set up on The Portal).
- Go-Agent App (great for “on-the-go” searching and information).
- The Portal – Your Personal Profile & Search Website
- Book a Buyer Consultation Meeting and allow us to create a buyer profile for you and further assist you in your property purchase or search by using “The Portal.” The Portal is your own personal website that you can log into and use for your search. You can pull up property details, save searches, save properties, make notes, favourite or discard listings, and more (plus, it gives you more information than Realtor.ca does). If you’re continuing your search, once you’re set up in our system, allow us to provide you with the flexibility to choose the level of engagement that suits your needs. We offer three distinct options for property searches: the A-list, B-list, and the C-list. To learn more about these lists and to figure out what list makes sense for your search, click here. Regardless of which list you choose, we are committed to providing you with a tailored and attentive real estate experience. Please let us know your preference, and we will ensure your property search aligns with your unique needs and timeline.
- Learn more about The Portal (your personal website) here (VIDEO)
A Legal Requirement On My End - RECO Information Guide
Before entering into an agreement of purchase and sale (or lease), it is crucial that you fully comprehend the intricacies of buying (or leasing) a property. In accordance with Ontario regulations, as Realtors, we have a responsibility to provide essential information to both Buyers and Sellers in a clear and understandable manner. To streamline this process, I’ve created a brief video offering a basic overview of the required documents, ensuring you receive the necessary information promptly. However, please remember that we’ll follow up with an in-person discussion to guarantee absolute clarity.
Below, you’ll find the legally mandated resources we must share with you. It’s crucial to understand that as a buyer, you have a legal obligation to read these documents and feel free to ask any questions if anything remains unclear. Even without signing formal documents, collaborating with a Realtor can establish an implied agency relationship, making it imperative to grasp the contents of these documents. By interacting with a Realtor, such as seeking property information or advice, you can automatically establish an agency relationship depending on the situation. Your comfort and understanding are our top priorities throughout this process.
- RECO Information Guide
- RECO Information Guide – Explained (Video)
- RECO Information & Disclosure to Self-Represented Parties (SRPs)
- Working With a Realtor Guide
- Buyer Representation Agreement – Educational Version
If you have any questions about the buying process, please don’t hesitate to ask. As your Realtor, I want to ensure you fully understand the process before making any commitments. Do not enter into any agreements to purchase or lease a property until you fully review and understand the details in the links above. Keep in mind that this website and the resources are a general guide and may not cover all the details. Information here can change, so please reach out to me for specific inquiries or clarifications.