You Have a Firm Sale. What's the Next Steps?
Now that your property sale, whether residential or commercial, is firm and all conditions are met, here’s what you, as a seller, need to do:
Notify Your Lender:
- Inform your lender about the successful sale of your property if you haven’t already done so.
- Provide your lender with a copy of the accepted offer and the MLS listing if required. If you don’t have these documents saved, we can assist you in obtaining copies.
Notify Your Lawyer:
- Get in touch with your lawyer to inform them about the property sale.
- Provide your lawyer with a copy of the accepted offer and the MLS listing if necessary. If you don’t have these documents saved, we can assist you in obtaining copies.
Notify Your Insurance Company:
- Inform your current insurance company of the closing date for the sale of your property.
- Let your new insurance company know the closing date for your new property, whether it’s residential or commercial.
- Be prepared to answer any questions your insurance company may have. If you have any questions or need assistance, feel free to reach out.
- Ensure that your insurance coverage is adjusted as needed for the closing date.
Notify Your Utility Providers:
- Contact your current utility providers and inform them of the closing date for the sale of your property.
- Notify your new utility providers of the closing date for your new property, whether it’s residential or commercial.
- Ensure that utilities are transferred out of your name on the closing date.
Prepare for the Closing:
- Work closely with your Realtor and lawyer to ensure all necessary paperwork is in order for a smooth closing process.
Pack and Prepare for Your Move:
- If you’re also purchasing a new property or relocating, start packing and preparing for your move.
By following these steps and working closely with your Realtor and legal counsel, you can ensure a smooth transition as you complete the sale of your property, whether it’s a residential or commercial space. If you have any questions or need further assistance, your Realtor is there to guide you through each stage of the closing process. Your satisfaction and peace of mind remain our top priorities.